Fruit Salad in Mango Sauce
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
- 1 medium-sized ripe mango
- 225g (8oz) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 225g (8oz) black grapes, halved and deseeded
- 1 pawpaw or piece of melon, sliced, with peel and seeds removed
- a few fresh mint leaves, to decorate
Halve the mango, removing the skin and stone. Cut the flesh into chunks and liquidize to a smooth purée, adding a little water to get the consistency of single cream.
Pour this sauce on to 4 plates, arrange the fruits on top, decorate with fresh mint leaves, and serve.
Taken from Rose Elliot's Kitchen Pharmacy, published by Orion.
Photo by Ant Jones for Cook Vegetarian!